Project Based Learning including evaluative Rubric (a mock up)

Here are a couple links to my proposed Project Rubric:

The project is for Grades 7-9 students in English: they are being asked to use their creative writing (and other) skills to compose backstories for the members of the Dwarven company (except Thorin Oakenshield for whom Tolkien has written an extensive backstory already)

 From the google classroom I set up:

https://classroom.google.com/c/MTk3MDE3MDYzNzU2/a/MjY0MTQ0MDg4NjYw/details

and in Googlesheet form, as Google Classroom allows you to convert any rubric to a spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eq1OmIsJugpGdFwwwQ9SWCUb8XRX4jGTdlNfddBxUis/edit

[NOTE: As i use an iPad, I cannot edit the rubric on Google Classroom once it is saved there - please refer to the google sheet version as I have fixed the awkward wording of the “Creativity” element on the Sheet version. ]

I have also written an proposed series of formative assessments to monitor students’ progress on the project I have set them. It may be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11_XN0cgoxN_wqridYYNLRafEDB_GMn8_EpfQ4Gftggw/edit

I have an inkling that the formative assessments might be a little intrusive but I would rather err, on the side of keeping the students on track, than having them get bogged down in trying to submit something last minute, which is what the check-ins are supposed to help avoid.

[I’ll keep an eye out for signs that I am triggering anxiety in students by seeking weekly feedback lol.]

Tim


 

Tim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M2/GR & Essay Assignment (using GRASP)