About me

My name is Tim Morse

I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, my hometown.  I am a full time employee, working at the  Supreme Court of Nova Scotia (I have a bachelor degree, in Political Studies, and a law degree). My interest in Moreland U's  teacher certification program is, like everyone, that it provides a fast and economical way to gain an internationally recognized teaching certificate,  while allowing me to maintain my current work schedule.  The goal is to be able to teach internationally once I have my certification from Moreland University.

I am married with 1 son and 2 step daughters. My son just started his first year of an engineering degree. My eldest step daughter is deaf and just accepted a teaching position at Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C. My youngest step daughter is a trained hairdresser with two young daughters of her own. My wife is a high school math and science teacher who is presently teaching at an international school in Africa.

I have little experience in teaching. My strengths lie in reading and writing English, social sciences (and Lord of the Rings Trivia). This means I am excited to grow my understanding and competence in all aspects of teaching and in exploring the subjects I am interested in teaching, as mentioned above. This means I am also intimidated by coming t the game late in life

I think I would be most interested in teaching students in late middle school (grade 8-9) or high school (grade 10-12).

Fun fact: I have  my open  water scuba diving certification ( but it needs a refresher)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M2/GR & Essay Assignment (using GRASP)